April 19 - 20, 2014
Welcome to the 16th Annual 2014 Bald Eagle Creek Trout Tournament. To qualify for cash prizes, a tournament donation is required. (see registration form for amount and deadlines).
Fishing and Check-in Station Times
Saturday: Fishing 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. / Check-in 6:00 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Sunday: Fishing 6:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. / Check in 6:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
2014 REGISTRATION FORM & FLYER
NEW FOR 2014!
- The cost to participate is $1.00 per registered fisherman.
- You must enter this contest prior to the start of the tournament.
- One of the tagged trout will be randomly chosen to be the Community Trout. If the chosen tagged trout is caught, the fisherman will receive 100% of the money collected if he/she is participating in this contest.
- If the community trout is caught by someone not participating in this contest, the fisherman will receive the value of the tagged trout only.
- If the community trout is not caught or is caught by a non-participating fisherman, the tournament committeewill keep one-half of the money and the other half will be rolled over to the next year.
Prior Year Tagged Trout
- Any 2014 BECTT registered fisherman catching a prior year
BECTT tagged trout during the event will receive a $25.00 cash payout.
- Fish must be brought in to check-in station in live condition per
tournament rules to qualify.
CHANGES FOR 2014
In 2013, we had a total of 768 Tagged Trout valued at over $18,000. Prizes range from $10 to $1,000. Total prize payout was $12,045. Proceeds from this event directly benefit the Bald Eagle Sportsmen's Club, Inc.
- Additional Time to Catch 200 Bonus Tagged Trout
The 200 Additional Bonus Tagged Trout to be stocked in the afternoon of the 1st day of Event. These again will be stocked at specifically identified locations.
- Fishing Time Changes
We have added an hour on Saturday and taken away an hour on Sunday. See rules for specific fishing times.
- Tagged Trout Estimate
Expect to have between 700-800 in total Tagged Trout.
Our headquarters will again be indoors at the Port Matilda Sportsmen's Club located just north of Port Matilda along Route 220. All checks and cash prizes will be issued at this location.
We want to also take this time to thank all trout sponsors including; Senior, Co-Sponsor, regular levels all other trout sponsors, fishermen, landowners, volunteers, Yingling's Bat Hut, Port Matilda Sportsmen’s Club, Wilson Patton American Legion Post #536, Port Matilda Borough, Port Matilda Fire Police, Gary Williams Sanitation, PA State Police, PA Fish & Boat Commission, Laurel Hill Trout Farm, Front Street Jewelers, Mark Nale, and anyone we may have missed, for their help with the 2014 trout tournament. Without your help, this long-time, successful fund-raising tournament would not be possible.
2014 Registration Form & Flyer